Thursday, November 6, 2008

FRUSTRATED!

Goodness! I have tried countless times to get on and post and always my computer says something about cookies and being disabled. Sometimes is works and sometimes it doens't. I have been more than frustrated with the whole thing. It has given me time to really read a lot of other blogs that I have really enjoyed.

The election had put me in a bit of a bad mood, but I have moved on from that. I believe God has a plan, and I also believe God can change people. I know it is my duty to pray for the leader of our country no matter who it is. So that's what I'll do, PRAY!

I cannot believe we are already in November. I can't wait to put up my Christmas tree, right after we enjoy a fantastic Thanksgiving dinner. I am thankful for sooo much. During my time off of being able to read, I found several people who are blogging everyday for something they are thankful for. Great idea. I might try that, but I'm not sure I will be able to get on my computer every day. I'll try though. For today (I do realize though that I am already off by what 6 days?) I am thankful for my husband. He is the head of our family and I rely on him for so much. No matter what has broken, he can fix it. No matter what the problem, he will listen. He is my kid's hero and I love that. He is everything I could have imagined my husband to be when I was a little girl. I am so thankful that God chose ME to be his wife.

On another note that I contemplated not even telling anyone about...I haven't worked but two days this week. This would be because my son (the oldest) had a bit of an accident on Sunday. Every Sunday after church and before our Bible study Preston takes Jacob riding. Dirt bikes. He has been riding for quite a while now and absolutely loves it. I have been so very hesitant in this department and feel like I have gradually become more understanding about this love of their's, until now. Apparantly on his last go round (nothing good comes out of "just one more time") he jumped this hill and when he landed his shocks didn't absorb the landing, but his back did. We went to bible study and had him just lay on ice on the couch and gave him some Tylenol hoping he would start to feel better. So we got home and put him in bed and come Monday morning, there was no getting him OUT of bed. He was H-U-R-T. So we took him in and had some x-rays done and what do ya know? It appears he has 2 compression fractures on his vertebrae (yes, his spine!). He went to school for about half a day Wednesday and Thursday and tomorrow we have an appointment with the neurologist. I'm not really sure what will come out of this appointment. I think they are plannning on doing a CAT scan to make sure nothing was missed on the x rays and other than that he just can't have contact for 6 weeks. They are thinking since he is young and his bones are still growing that they won't want to do surgery. That would be a big deal. So he is done with football. This too is very sad for him. His team is the number 1 team and are going to the play-offs. Oh well. I am thankful that, for the most part, he is okay. He will heal. Praise God!

Well, that sure was a long post and that didn't cover much of anything from the last few weeks. I'll spare you. Hopefully I can get back on the computer tomorrow to telll you what else I am thankful for. The list is so long, I might have to carry over to December ;)
Pray for a good report from the doc tomorrow.

P.S. Check out Bring the Rain's blog from today. Great idea!

1 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh my goodness, I am so glad Jacob is okay! How scary! Yes, please update tomorrow!