Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Missed a Day

I didn't get a chance to blog yesterday, I knew that would happen. But I still spent time being thankful for something. I know I have blogged a lot in the past about my work and not wanting to do it. That is only because I desire strongly to stay at home with my children, to be with Will more, as well as be more of a fixture in my older kid's school. But I am very thankful for my job. It allows me to be home when the bus drops off the big kids. I have most holidays off and get weeks off for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Better yet, I get the entire summer to stay at home with my children. If I HAD to have a job, I would want mine. I realize there are people all over the world who are desperate to have a job, let alone one that allowed as much time for family as teaching does. So for that I am thankful.

I am also very thankful for my co-workers. This week is especially stressful due to district benchmarks. Because we are now departmentalized and I teach reading, which in third grade is THE most important subject, I really feel the pressure. But, everyday I go to work and am surrounded by caring supportive people who would bend over backwards to help me. I love where I work and who I work with. I wouldn't change it for anything!

And on Veteran's Day, I feel it only appropriate I post on how thankful I am to live in this wonderful country. I am eternally thankful to each and every soldier who has risked their lives so we can enjoy these freedoms. I complain because I don't get to spend all day with my children, but our soldiers miss out on months and in some cases even a year of their families lives. They miss births, birthdays, anniversaries, Thanksgivings, Christmas's, and so much more. So on this Veteran's Day, I am thankful to each and every person who has ever represented out country in such a way!

0 comments: