Saturday, November 8, 2008

My House

The past few nights we have been sleeping with our bedroom window open. I love waking up in my warm bed, next to my warm husband (and usually warm toddler) when the air is crisp and cool. But last night I woke up several times, I was sooo cold I couldn't even get up to add another blanket or shut the window. When the daylight came streaming through I still couldn't get up. It made me really think about all of those without a home. Even those that have homes, but the windows are broken, or no electricity to heat the house. As a teacher of a lot of low socio-economic status children, this was a hard lesson to learn. I come in contact regularly with these very people. So often I go through my day busy as ever and never even once think of those less fortunate than I. Although my husband and I are far from wealthy in a monetary sense, we are wealthy compared to most. We have a roof over our head, running water that gets hot, electricity, and food in our refrigerator. We even have enough blankets to put 3 or 4 on every bed. We ARE blessed. If I think back to the time when Preston and I first got married, I'm not sure I would have ever pictured us being where we are today. The Lord has blessed us immensely and we are truly grateful. And so for today, I am thankful for my house.

0 comments: