Sunday, November 9, 2008

Small Group

As I am finally putting my kids to bed and cleaning up from dinner, I am thinking about how thankful I am for our small group. It is a couples bible study that we started a few weeks back. It is based on the Fireproof movie. We were asked to join in with some couples that we "knew" but didn't really "know". The first few times were a little akward. Knowing how shy Preston and I both are and being in a group where you really open up about marriage, and our marriage nontheless, to say that we were intimidated at first would be an understatement. This week was our turn to lead it. The pressure was on. Not only did I need to prepare dinner for these five other families, but we had to lead the discussion. You would think being a teacher would ease those anxieties, but I'm here to tell you teaching in front of eight year olds is a walk in the park versus teaching in front of your peers. Well, it went off without a hitch. I am so grateful that we have had this opportunity to grow in our marriage and really turn the focus to a Christ-centered relationship. I know we have always desired it, but really living it resulted in half-hearted trying and ending in frustration. The most important thing I'm learning is to stay in the Word. The minute you drift away from the Word, you get sucked into society and that is NOT where we want to be. We have come to realize that society is not marriage-friendly. It is so easy to get wrapped up in the "me" frame of mind. My husband has become the most amazing person and is learning and growing every day, I fall in love with him more and more every minute. He wanted a tangible way to show me how much he appreciated me and bought be a Pandora's bracelet. He made it with the kids initials and another bead that represents strength, faith, and love. It was such a wonderful surprise!

0 comments: