Friday, November 7, 2008

My Children

So I have started off my "thankful" list with the two components in my family that I live for. Yesterday was my husband. Today I am thankful for my children. As a little girl I can remember that is all I ever wanted to do and play with, babies. I am pretty sure I played with baby dolls even up to an age that was probably a little embarassing for little girls to play with dolls. I didn't care. I loved them. I loved the thought of one day being a mommy. And now I am. God has entrusted me with these three precious lives. What a gift. I know I am far from being a perfect mommy. I am easily frustrated by probably the simplest of things, and I know that is a work in progress for me. But for today (and everyday) I am thankful for my children. Jacob was our first-born. He was a "surprise" to say the least. But wanted more than anything!If you read this post you would have a little history as to why he is a miracle. Lauren, on the other hand was very much planned. We had so many struggles with Jacob as a baby/toddler it was a wonder we ever wanted more children. She was the complete opposite. She was very content, never fussed and actually wanted HER bed to fall asleep in! She was (is) amazing. Everyone that comes in contact with her falls in love. And finally, there is Will. He is a complete combination of our first two children. He is WILD, but in a good way. He wants to be just as big as his brother and sister. He is very loving though, much like his sister. He will immediately apologize, without a prompt, no matter the offense against someone. His conversation skills have increased so much, it is so much fun just to sit and "talk" with him. He is a man who knows what he wants and will do whatever it takes to get it.....usually win you over with charm. My list could go on and on but this is just a small snippet as to why I am so thankful for my children.




Jacob



Lauren



Will

1 comments:

Erin said...

Wow...it is so hard to imagine them being babies! Time goes by so quickly.