Monday, February 9, 2009

My Momma

Not too long a go I wrote a post for my mom for her birthday. And a couple of posts ago I told you she had an infection. The infection is in her bone at her ankle. They think it might have been caused by a stress fracture at some time, but are not completely certain how it could have started. So tonight I would ask that you really lift her up in prayer. She had an appointment with her dr and he scheduled her this afternoon to have a port put in. You know, it's that thing they put under your skin on your chest so they don't have to poke you all the time to administer meds. She went in around 1 and they didn't even sedate her. She was awake. She said it hurt really bad. She is still in a lot of pain on her neck around where it was placed. Poor thing. So her treatment schedule goes something like this. Everyday for the next six weeks she goes to the hyper-baric chamber place and spends 2 hours in there. While in there, they will administer IV antibiotics through her port. She will also be in a boot on her foot. So with all that said, could you please pray for her. She needs for this infection to be completely healed by the end of this treatment.
Thank you.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh, Mandi. Bless her heart. I will certainly be praying for her.

Erin said...

Praying for her! Your mom is one strong women!!!

Anonymous said...

DEAR MANDY, THIS IS AUNT PHIL FROM INDIANA, DID YOU KNOW I READ YOUR BLOGS ALL THE TIME AND KEEP UP WITH THE TEXAS NEWS? I AM PRAYING FOR YOUR MOMMA THAT DR. GOD WILL HEAL HER AND MAKE HER ALL WELL. SHE AND YOU GIRLS ARE VERY PRECIOUS TO ME. KEEP THE FAITH MANDY . YOU MAKE ME LAUGH ABOUT THE SHEETS. I HATE MOTELS AND HOTELS TOO. I REALLY GOT INTO A BAD ONE IN TEXAS WHEN I VISITED RALPH THE CONSTRUCTION WORKERS LIVED IN IT DURING THE WEEK. GROSS CIGARETTE ODERS MADE ME SICK BUT IM CHEAP LIKE PRESTON AND SLEPT ON TOP OF THE BEDSPREAD. UGH JESUS STAYED WITH ME. LOVE AUNT PHIL XXXX0000