Friday, February 20, 2009

Low Key Friday Night

We had a really low key night tonight. We have been running around like crazy the last couple of weeks so it was nice to spend an evening at home. Preston met me at the gym after work and we worked out for a while. The kids love the nursery so it is so nice to be able to take them and not worry. Then I took Will to get his hair cut. This doesn't happen very often. Since he had so many problems with his ears and surgeries, dr appts, shots, he does not like to have his head/ears touched by anyone. I usually do it, but really my "equipment" consists of kitchen scissors and a clipper set from 10 years ago. I had him really excited before hand and he grabbed about 5 suckers from the front, but once they called him back, he screamed. The whole time. It was messy. The poor girl I'm sure gave the quickest cut of her life but it turned out great. He's bound to be a few pounds lighter. So we made pizza when we go home for the kids, popped popcorn and after baths they watched Space Chimps.Tomorrow is the parade for the rodeo and we have to wake up super early because P and I are judges for all of the float entries. It is supposed to be so cold, I am not looking forward to freezing out in the wind for hours. The kids always have a good time though so it's worth it.

Jake went to his follow up appt for his back and was cleared for all normal activity. He is so excited. They say he isn't at any more risk than the next person for re-injuring the vertebrae so that is really good news.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The kids look like they are soooo relaxed! And I love those blankets they have!!! Where did you get them? Much love, Mama Kate