Thursday, February 26, 2009

Pics from the Park

Last night before church I took the kids to the park. They have so much fun there, but my goodness wearing high heels in a pit of wood chips makes for a difficult time chasing three wild kids. ha! But I think the kids really had fun. We had stopped at Chick-Fil-A before to pick up dinner and it was out lucky day because they were out of kid toys and instead they were giving the kids free ice cream!! Okay so I wasn't all that excited at first when I heard it and almost told them not to worry about it (really, a 2 year old w/ ice cream in the car? not a good idea) anyway what kind of mom would I be if I had said no? A bad one! So we made it all the way to the park to eat them and what did they do? I handed each one their bowl and spoon and we made our way up the sidewalk where the walked by the trashcan and quickly threw them away. No kidding. After the park we went to church where Jacob was singing for the Ash Wednesday service and he did so good. I was a proud momma. He takes his singing very seriously. He is still talking about how he didn't have a solo! Poor kid, he has no idea he has our genes which carries not a single note in tune. We just smile and say maybe next time.


Today has been so warm and I love it. News says it's going to be colder for the weekend. GO figure.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

What cute pictures! You are a good mama...I would not have let my kids have ice cream in the car!

Anonymous said...

They look like they are having soooo much fun! It makes you want to JUMP into the picture with them! Good Mom? NO THANK YOU!!! GREAT MOM is what should be understood here! much love, mama