Monday, March 24, 2008

The Morning After


Well, it's the morning after Easter and the kids are back in school. Although yesterday seemed a little more low key than our usual Easter, I can't help but feel less prepared than I have in the past. I don't feel like we spent a lot of time really discussing this most important holiday like we should have. In years past we have made the special cookies that ultimately display the empty tomb of Jesus as well as read the scriptures leading up to it--that wasn't the case this year. I did talk to the big kids about it not being about bunnies and all about out risen Lord and Saviour who died on the cross in order to forgive OUR sins, but I'm going to have to do better than that if I want them to fully understand. It is my goal now to make sure that we don't get wrapped up in the commercial side of these holidays and spend more time really understanding what the holidays are REALLY about.

On a different note, for all of you Will watchers wanting to know about his progress, we spent most of this last week rejoicing because he has clear ears, (although he did have fever off and on for several days), yesterday was very disappointing when we were at church and looked in his left ear to find it covered with drainage. This of course means infections and was probably the root of the fever last week. ( I knew I should have taken him in!) So we go to the dr this morning for the two week post-hospital visit and it couldn't have come at a better time. I'll post this afternoon with what the dr says. Keep your prayers coming that Will gets better and we can resolve this infection quickly.

0 comments: