Friday, September 11, 2009

It's Raining, It's Pouring, The Old Man Will is Snoring!

I stayed home with Will today because he went to the dentist to get some cavities filled. Since he had cavities on his front two teeth they were going to have to use nitrous on him. When we got there they gave him some medicine to drink that would make him relax a little. I don't know what it is about my kids, but it always takes a little longer to sedate them than usual! So we waited, and waited...finally he relaxed enough to go in. Overall it went well and didn't take long, but when they started on the front two, we saved those for last, he was DONE! He was strapped down so he started fighting it and crying, then his gums were bleeding. I was ready to scoop him up! After he was done they had us wait in the 'toy room' so he could get his bearings a little and he was not happy. He was mad at everything. On our way home, he was convinced he had lost a tooth. About thirty minutes after we got home, he came to me a told me he didn't want pop-tarts for breakfast, he wanted oatmeal! And last of his funny things, when I told him it was nap time, he threw a fit because he had already taken a nap. "Don't you 'member momma? I came in your room after I woke up." Not sure what he was talking about there, but I too had to convince him again that he indeed had not already taken a nap. And that is where he is. Peacefully sleeping away in his bed. I hope he sleeps all that medicine off and wakes up feeling fantastic and forgets the whole thing!

Preston just left on a hunting trip for the entire weekend so I'm flying solo. I hate it when he is gone. And it's supposed to continue to rain the rest of today and tomorrow. We might just stay in bed all day and do nothing at all! But it definitely feels more like fall...or maybe it's that pumpkin spice candle I'm burning. ha! Either way I'm ready for it.
(Yep! It's pouring as I speak type! Thank God for the rain!

1 comments:

Omi Ford said...

Sweet boy! I hope he feels better and that Preston will come home soon and safe.