Tuesday, August 26, 2008

No Time

Whew! The first two days of school are over. I cannot seem to get it all together. We are already on the go ALL of the time. Jake and Lauren had a great start to school. They both seem to really like their teachers. Not unusual for Lauren, but a MAJOR milestone in Jacob's world. I can't believe I have a third and first grader. I have a feeling this is going to be a good year. Even Will is excited about going to see his friends in the morning. It makes it so much easier to leave him when I know he is having a good time.

It has been almost two weeks since I last posted. I know I requested prayers for Preston (and thank you, I had several emails with sweet thoughts) and I guess that is partly why I haven't posted. He did not pass the test he went to take. BUT....it is very much okay. He can retake it every 10 days until he does pass it and is already rescheduled. Please continue to pray for this life change. He will get there. This is a very difficult test and the average is around five times to pass it. He was absolutely devastated when he got the news as I had expected him to be, but he has slowly come around.

On another note, I am soooo ready for fall to get here. I want to decorate my house for Thanksgiving! I am ready for cool mornings, pumpkins on the porch and the smell of pumpkin bread in the oven. I'm ready for it to get dark earlier and having Circle E candles burning. But most of all I am ready for my family to be together. Preston will hopefully not be working as much and he can be home with us! Is anyone else ready for this season change or am I just crazy?

3 comments:

Erin said...

Love the new background! It looks WONDERFUL! Glad to hear the kids are enjoying school...if they didn't that would make for a LONG year! Preston is definitly in our prayers!

Ashley said...

Aww, I'm so sorry to hear about Preston. I'll be praying! And I love the new background. I love Fall! It's my favorite season.

Anonymous said...

I love fall, but I think I love every season...it's just fun too fun putting the season's out!!! Like I told Preston, the walls are put up for those not really wanting to try and reach their goals...the ones who want it bad enough will make it!!!! He will always be our hero!!!! Much love to you, baby, girl! Mom and David