Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thankful and Prayer Request

First of all my mom called just a little bit ago to tell me she had been in a car wreck. She was on her way home and was hit by a drunk driver. Twice. I am so thankful she was not seriously hurt. They arrested the other driver and sent my mom home. She was sitting at a red light when I guess he didn't see the stop. Things could have been so bad. Thank you God for holding her in your hands tonight.

I also have a prayer request. Preston has some stuff going on this weekend and it is incredibly important for the direction our family is going right now. I absolutely trust in the Lord and his plan with our family. I am begging any of you readers to please keep him in your prayers this weekend. Please pray for him specifically, that he is confident in this road and to trust God completely. I am ready for this part to be over so we can begin this new chapter. I personally am so nervous that I cannot put into words exactly what he needs in prayer. He is very nervous knowing the importance of the weekend. I have complete confidence in him and trust in God that everything is going to be great. We need peace. (Thank you)

5 comments:

Erin said...

Oh...what a blessing that your mother is ok. God is SO GOOD! I know this weekend is so important for Preston and your family, we will continue to pray for him. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help! We love you and wish you nothing but the wonderful blessings you deserve!

Erin said...

One more thing for your new adventure...

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."
Joshua 1:9

Ashley said...

Praise God you mother is okay! How scary!

And I will be praying for Preston this weekend.

Darlene Schacht said...

We're alongside you and your family in prayer this weekend.

Liza on Maui said...

came here from the prayer room. I pray that your family is doing well in the direction God is leading you to. God bless you.