Monday, April 7, 2008

Sad Day

An update on my friend: They did not get the news they were hoping for today. I am so sad for them both. I would like to ask you to continue praying for them. They need peace in their hearts and to know that what God has planned is magnificent and wonderful and he will never leave their side during these dark times.

I am also sad because the baby is sick AGAIN. He started running a fever last night. Okay, let me back up a minute. He finished his antibiotic last Wednesday for the ear infection he had after leaving the hospital. This morning he woke up and his temp was over 103 and he had hardly slept at all last night. I am so sad for him. His left ear is covered with yuck and he has a bad cough on top of it all. I had to call my wonderful mother to take off yet another day to stay with him while I got my things in order at work. I called the dr and more frustration set in. They just prescribed the same antibiotic again for another ten days. This cannot be the answer:to keep dosing him with antibiotic after antibiotic. I finally called the ENT who has been out due to an injury and among my sobs his wonderful nurse helped me through it and made me feel like they were going to help. They extended the meds for 2 weeks and at the end of the two weeks they have scheduled a CAT scan to check his mastoids. The dr thinks that the mastoids need to be scraped clean. I absolutely don't want another hospital stay for IV antibiotics and I don't want more needles and other painful procedures for my baby, but we need answers. There is a reason he has had continual ear infections since he was 7 months old. I finally figured it out today and he has been sick for the last 14 months, literally. He deserves to be well. I am asking more prayers that God will heal him, and to give the drs the knowledge and wisdom to figure out what is going on. Thank you so much for your continued prayers and support.

0 comments: