Sunday, April 20, 2008

Litttle Children

I have spent the last week incredibly busy. It's that time of year again where you long to be outside and working around the house making it seem alive with color and enjoy this wonderful spring weather.
My heart has also been very heavy. I have spent this time reading a lot of blogs of people I don't know, but am praying for. They are going through very difficult times in their lives. It is absolutley amazing to me to watch how these people use God as their strength to cope with different situations. And although I ask for prayers regarding my baby and his health, as I sit and read these blogs I also have to rejoice that he has no major medical condition. None of my children do and I am so very grateful and praise God for that. My heart just breaks to read and know people who have lost a child or a loved one. It has really forced me to reflect my time with my children. I have started reevalutating the small issues that won't matter next year or ten years from now, and see if it warrants the effort or energy to get upset with. To know that each day I have with my children is a GIFT. And use this gift doing what God intended, honoring him in every decision I make and every action I do. I pray that I lead a life that glorifies God. I ask that you too pray for these people even though we don't know them personally. Here are the links to two different couples going through a dark path in their lives, Bring the Rain and Surviving Life's Curveballs.

I also spent the day yesterday with my dad. He too is walking in darkness as he grieves the loss of his wife. Preston and I often talk about how to get over something like this. I keep saying I don't think you do. I just trust that the lord will walk WITH us and comfort us the entire way. I know he struggles each and everyday to get up and live his life alone. He's knows he's not truely alone, he has a very loving and supporting family, but he is the only one who has to go home to an empty house. I often feel guilty that our lives force us to move on and he still very much relives each day. I ask that you pray for him. Pray that he feels the holy spirit is with him and know that God is grieving with him.

The dr called and scheduled Will's surgery for Tuesday May 6. Please pray that this is the answer to his chronic ear infections. I will post pictures later.

1 comments:

Ashley said...

I am in the exact spot that you are. The Lord has truly shown me His greatness in how much He has blessed me beyond measure. My heart breaks for these families that you've mentioned, also. I pray for them constantly. We are so blessed to have beautiful healthy (for the most part) children and a husband who loves us so much. I completely understand your heart. You spoke my heart what I could not put into words. I love you girl. And I am praying for Will. And for you. And for God's healing on His body.