Monday, April 21, 2008

In a funk!

I don't know what it is, but I am in a bad funk. I have been down for several days now. I blogged a little bit yesterday about my heavy heart hoping that would release some of what I am feeling, but nothing seems better.

Then I came home today to find our newly acquired dog (she was a rescue from my school several months ago) had died. It was so devastating. I don't know what could have happened. She seemed so perfect and happy all last night and this morning before we put her out. I feel like there is death all around me. I don't know if I am just more sensitive to it or what. I had taken the kids to town directly from the bus so they wouldn't have to see her until Preston could properly bury her. As I was driving home, I came to realize that I haven't fully surrendered all of my burdens to God. ONE (of many) of my biggest faults as a christian is the need to be in control. I know this is evil trying to get in. I pray about it constantly. I just have such a hard time letting go. I think my funk is mostly due to me harboring all of these feelings and not releasing them completely to God. So now I made the decision, as I cry and type these words, I am releasing all of this pain and guilt and control I carry around over to him and am letting him have take control.

Psalm 18:1-6
1 I love you, O Lord, my strength. 2 The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. 3 I call to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies. 4 The cords of death entangle me; the torrents of destruction overwhelmed me. 5 The cords of the grave coiled around me; the snares of death confronted me. 6 In my distress I called to the Lord; I cried to my God for help.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Praying for you sweet friend...

I just went through all of this stuff recently. I completely understand. I finally came to the point where I had to surrender everything and lay it all down at the foot of the cross. Love you dear!

Erin said...

You are always in my prayers! You are so strong and such an inspiration, you should never be in a funk...

Anonymous said...

Take care my sweet daughter. Life seems so hard at times, with the roller coaster of feelings, birth and death, all in the same time, come tumbling down in our mind. Release the feelings that you are carrying; let our great God carry the weight that is now upon your shoulders; He allowed His son to die for us to carry them. Lessons we learn can be overwhelming and when they come into focus we understand the new strength that has been learned. As my tears drop on this page, as I write, I know that our God is embracing us with HIS love and knows that we will be okay. I love you, Mom

jennyhope said...

Oh how I can identify with the times of getting in a funk. I pray that the Lord would fill you with His joy. And a full measure of His Spirit. Don't we all need it!!