Saturday, June 13, 2009

Welcome to Our...bathroom?!



Hello all! :)


I'm happy to show you our bathrooms today. We have three bathrooms in our house. And so we will start off with our guest bath boys' bathroom. Let me stop here and say something. For anyone out there building a house, DO NOT have your son/sons bathroom double as the guest bathroom. Worst idea I've ever had. For obvious reasons. Okay so here is the boys' bathroom. I love their bathroom. The colors and everything are not kiddies really, just nice. I'm standing in the tub for this picture and again it's a little dark (I have got to read the directions on my camera!)
This is the view from the hallway.
Now the following pictures are of the master bath. I love our bathroom. It is perfect for the two of us. This picture is from our bedroom looking in to the bathroom. As you can see the tub is right in the middle of the wall.

I'm spoiled and have my tv mounted right above the tub so I can lay in the bath and watch my shows or I like having it on in the morning when I get ready.

This picture is if you were standing in front of my closet door. This is why I love our bathroom. It has split sinks and behind each sink is our own closets. So this means in the morning when we are getting ready we aren't all in each others way. The best. So this is Preston's side and beside his sink is the shower.
My sink is on the other side of the door. My vanity is a little bigger than his...naturally :).
Then right next to my vanity is the small room that has the toilet. The worst mistake we made while building was not making that room with a pocket door so you could close the toilet away and not have to see all the time, but oh well everyone has one right?
Now on to my favorite bathroom in the house. It comes in close to being my favorite room in the house. It is Lauren's own bathroom. When we were looking for plans to build our house this is one of the reasons we were sold on this floor plan. Her room has an attached bathroom. Her room also has a walk-in closet. This is what made it perfect to be a girl's room. Anyway, this is the view of her bathroom from her bedroom.




When you go in her bathroom door and close the door, her shower is right behind it. She does only have a stand-up shower, which I would have preferred the boys' to have the stand-up shower and her have the bathtub, but that entailed a lot of small changes in the floor plan which in turn means more money, so I left well enough alone.This is her bow holder by her sink. I don't know how much longer she is going to allow me to be putting bows in her hair, but I'm going to keep doing it as long as she lets me :) The rest of her bows are in her cabinet so this isn't even all of them. He coach at school calls her "Pinkie" because she always has a pink bow/ribbon in her hair. ha!
These are her cabinets and dirty clothes hamper opposite her shower.
And of course her toilet. The vase on the back of her toilet has all of the loose ribbons I tie in her hair.




And for my favorite part. I love the wall above her vanity. I glued roses all on the wall and around the lights and mirror. I love the way it looks and it goes perfectly with he room/bedroom. It is just so feminine. A definite when you have two brothers ;). I also painted this scripture on her wall. I know how difficult it is for a young girl to grow up in this world where every female in the media in portrayed to be thin and exceptionally beautiful. My Lauren is beautiful, but I don't want her to think she has to compare herself to others. Hence this scripture from Psalm. It is Psalm 45:11 The king is enthralled with your beauty; honor him, for he is your Lord. I hope that she remembers that as she gets ready every morning , and know it is Him who matters when getting ready for the day.

And that's it. Thank you for taking the time to visit our house. We loved showing you our bathrooms.

4 comments:

~MeLiSsA~ said...

I love the area around your daughter's vanity too... so pretty and girlie!

Anonymous said...

FABULOUS!!! where did your creative side? It surely must run in the family!!! hugs and kisses, as always, so proud of you, mom

Helen Joy said...

I just cried a little tear when I read about your daughter's vanity! You're a good mama to remind her where she should find her worth! That is BEAUTIFUL with the roses! I love your master bathroom especially the mirrors above the sink. She has a lot of bows!:-)

Ashley said...

VERY cute! Your home is beautiful!!!! I love the roses in L's bathrom!