Saturday, June 6, 2009

One Down, One to Go!

Vacations that is.

We just got back from two days at Schlitterbahn. It was so much fun. I'm sad I don't have any pictures to show for it. We spent the entire time in the water and my camera is not water friendly. The first day we spent mainly at the first park and just introduced ourselves to the fun yet to be had. Preston and I have been together once in high school, and the kids have never been. That made it all the more fun.

Not one of the kids was afraid of any of the rides. In fact they rode every single one of them, including Will. I say every ride, except the Sky something. Jacob really wanted to do that, but it was something like 250 ft of free falling then flying out over the wave pool. They tried hard to talk me into letting him go, but I just couldn't do it. Am I the only person who actually thinks about people falling out of those things? It makes me shiver thinking about it again.

Anyway. Back to the fun stuff. Preston and I would actually "argue" over who would get to go down the ride with Will. He made it so fun. He is almost three, but he would giggle like a baby all the way through the ride. It made the trip for Preston and me. Seeing the kids experience so much fun for the first time was worth every penny!

So on to trip number two. We got home this afternoon, I'm doing laundry and repacking now for this week. We are going up to Tulsa to spend some time with Preston's family. We will be staying at a lake house on Grand Lake. So we will be boating for the whole entire week. We can't wait! This trip I will definitely have pictures from though.

If I can put a plug in for a product (for all 4 readers ha!) I bought this.

It is the best sunscreen EVER! We were out in full sun from 10:00-8:00 and I put this on the whole family a couple of times and we don't even have so much as a tan. I couldn't believe it. I was a little nervous at first because it is so light and non-greasy it was hard to tell it was even on us. So anyone out there looking for good sunscreen, this is definitely worth the money.

So now we're off to the looonng road trip ahead of us. See you next week!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read, and I'm going to try the sunscreen! - Laura