Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Productive

Contrary to popular belief, I did not spend my first day off work sitting around...I was actually quite productive. I totally cleaned out the kids rooms. I even took most of Will's toys and gave them away. He hasn't played with most of them in quite some time. So I took advantage of the new space in his room and moved some things around. If you remember from my tour post, his room used to look like this

Now is looks like this. Every time I take a picture from the hallway it turns out dark, even with the flash on, but I think you get the idea.
I also focused a lot of attention on Jacob's room. He was excluded from the tour post because his version of clean and my version are two different things. This is my version. I even took the photos my sister-in-law took of him in his dirt bike gear and framed them and hung them by his bed.
He was so appreciative when he saw them. He stared at them forever and then came and just laid his head on my shoulder and said thanks. It was priceless.
So today's agenda is cleaning the kitchen and my bedroom/bathroom. Then mop the whole house. I always procrastinate that part. I am GOING to do it today though. Then I can focus on getting ready for Schlitterbahn later this week.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT JOB! your mother must have taught you well! xxxooo