Sunday, May 4, 2008

Play Time

The week has been relatively uneventful. We were able to enjoy some things we haven't done in the past. On Thursday we had some friends out for dinner and had a great time! It's been a long time since we have gotten together, and despite a some-what messy house, the night went along quite well. I have come to realize the important things in life, and it's not to always have the most immaculate house, or ALL of the laundry washed and put away. If I waited for all of this to happen, we would probably never do anything. (Kind of like we have in the past.) But I'm over it. So, sorry in advance to any other guest in my house. I also enjoyed a night out with just the girls. I was invited by another friend who I haven't been in touch with for some time to go to the movies on Friday and I really enjoyed myself. (Thanks, Ash) It is a rare occasion that I do anything without a kid or spouse, so it was nice to be "alone". I have made it a goal to really focus on my friendships now. It is so easy to get swept away in this monotonous life that consumes us. We all have this routine that we stick to and in the meantime things get pushed aside and one of those things for me are my friendships with others outside of my family. I am changing this NOW! So prepare yourselves for the new and improved me :).


On another note, yesterday while I was on the computer Will had been watching his daddy on the tractor in the front yard out the office window. He disappeared and things were really quiet. (For those of you who talk to me regularly, you know that this means he has escaped on his four-wheeler halfway down the street), but not this time. After searching all of the bathrooms (another favorite) I heard some banging on his baby monitor in my bedroom. So I quietly proceeded to his room where I CAUGHT him!!! He was actually PLAYING in his room on his floor all by himself. I had to take a picture of this momentous occasion. He never plays in his room, and he certainly never plays in there alone. He must be growing up.


His surgery is on Tuesday. Please pray for him. Please pray that this is the answer and for a full recovery. Please pray there are no complications and we are home quickly. I'll update after the surgery.

0 comments: