Thursday, May 8, 2008

"Do All Things Without Complaining"

I spent the morning reading blogs and came across one that really spoke to me. You definitely need to click here to really understand what I am talking about.
I really started to reflect and realize I probably don't speak two sentences that don't include a complaint. How awful am I! I profess it daily to my children, of course, but it takes more than just telling and telling them. I need to SHOW them. I have even gone so far to give them videos on scripture (thanks, Ashley) and it too teaches them about doing things without comlpaining. But how can they when that's not what they see from there own mother. I will really need to revist over and over this entry so I will stay convicted and instead of complain, PRAY.

3 comments:

Erin said...

It is so funny that this was your post, I read that blog last night and it has been laying heavy on my heart. With all of the blessings that I have in my life it is hard to imagine that there could be anything to complain about. :)

Ashley said...

I read Jenny's blogs and she has so much insight! And is so sweet to visit your blog. Comment on hers and let her know how much that post meant to you. We are blog friends. :) But I know the feeling. I've noticed I know a lot of you feelings. Like, I feel the same way you do. Friends are good for something, right? Looking forward to tomorrow night!

Anonymous said...

Sweet daughter,
what great insight you have, deep within your soul. I find that the gift of internal searching helps us mend the fences within ourselves...the complaints that come from our mouths are sometimes brought forth from exhaustion, fear, and being overwhelmed by life itself. Working on the demons that multiply within us to talk negatively is the challenge that we all face. Know that you are not alone, but that you have already begun the process of being the authentic self we all strive to be. Blessings to you, sweet daughter, and happy birthday, AGAIN!! Much love, mom