Monday, May 19, 2008

"Ooo la la" Someone's Turning 6!

Lauren had her birthday party this weekend and it was so precious. Like I said in a previous blog, I just can't believe how big she is getting. She has the BEST disposition and is a blast to be around. She can make anyone smile.

Her party theme was the Parisian pink poodle (I'm not sure everyone quite got that I themed everyting right down to the menu,but I can apprecitate it)and it turned out really cute. Here are some pictures from the event. She got so many great gifts and at the end of the night she would just randomly say, "Oh, I wish I had really hugged so and so, I really appreciate them". It was really sweet and she meant it form her heart. She got some "Fancy Nancy" books and they are the cutest things.



One funny story: I had made the cupcakes on Friday and woke up early on Saturday morning to ice them and Will was absolutley determined to have one. I finally told Preston to let him have one and maybe it would get it our of his system and would leave them alone on the table (not exactly). Later I left to go to town and pick up the balloons and asked Preston to lay Will down for a nap before the party started. When I got home Preston and Lauren were out front with some friends talking and I asked Preston if Will was asleep and he reassured me that "he gets the job done" and he was definitely sleeping in his crib. Well....(I'm sure you know where this is going)as we bring the balloons in we look over at the table where Will is so peacefully sitting casually eating the top of his third cupcake! Needless to say Preston DID NOT get the job done. All was well though, we had enough cupcakes still for everyone and Will was VERY happy. ;)













1 comments:

Erin said...

You did an amazing job at the party! Thank you for the invite, we had a great time!