Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Grateful

It wasn't until I wrote that word that it doesn't looked right spelled. But spellcheck says it is--so I guess it is!

After spending the weekend relishing in the days of my birthday AND Mother's Day (my husband lets me do anything I want while he takes care of everything around the house and the kids--not often I can get away with that)I have had a lot of time really enjoying my life :). I am so very grateful for every body that is a part of my life. I have great friends who really desire living a fantastic life as well as family who do anything I would ask of them and then some. I know I don;t say it near often enough, but I want to be sure each of you know how truly grateful I am for each and every one of you.

In all of this thinking time I finished another book by Nicholas Sparks, At First Sight. It was really good. I would recommend it and now am almost finish with another one by Karen Kingsbury and Gary Smalley, Redemption. It is even better and I can't wait to finish it and read the next in the series! I have also been planning for Lauren's birthday party this weekend. I cannot believe next Tuesday she will be 6 years old. We tease her everyday that we aren't letting he have another birthday and she'll just have to stay 5, and she hates it when we say it. She loves getting bigger and you can tell that in one conversation with her. She has so much personality and intelligence. I am so proud of her.

Here are some random pictures from this weekend. I got a new PINK camera for Mother's Day and I just now figured out how to get the pictures off of it. Go figure.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grateful is a word that we often forget to use. Our Lord has given us a life to be grateful everyday..even with the challenges, the climbing of the mountains, the struggles of everyday life, we should be grateful. I, like you, Mandi, forgt to use the word, even within my own conscious. Thank you for your writings; they help me to rethink the importance of many things. Love, Mom

Ashley said...

isn't that book good???