Thursday, January 1, 2009

Lauren's First Hunt

Lauren is getting to go deer hunting with her daddy today for the first time. I am having a real problem with it though. Although I want her to know that she is capable of doing anything, ugh...why would she WANT to do that? I know she just loves to spend time with her daddy and she knows this is something he and Jacob do together often. So I guess if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. So as I was gettting her all decked out in her camo, (Jacob was very concerned with the shirt she had on earlier today, it had glitter on the letters and that would definitley scare away any deer), I was still working on deterring her from going. I have tried to make it as morbid as possible. In my mind all I can think about is the Disney movie Bambi. I will not eat deer meat to this day because of that show I watched as a child. Anyway, when I was getting Lauren dressed I told her what to expect and I said "You know it's like in the movie Bambi when they shot that Bambi's mother right?" and she turned and looked up at me and said "Mom, you know Bambi is just a movie right, it's make believe?". Humph! What do I say to that? Honey wait, I need to get your picture! So now it's just me and the baby at home while the rest of the clan is out catching us some dinner! jk

0 comments: