Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Weekend Getaway

Preston and I left town Saturday morning to go to Dallas. We had to go up there to pick up some furniture that Lauren is getting for Christmas. We took this opportunity to go somewhere...together....alone, which never happens. We had a great time. Sometimes it is nice to just be. We had no timelines, nowhere to be. We could just do whatever we wanted. While we were waiting to make sure we could pick up her furniture from the warehouse, we looked around at other furniture and fell in love with a living room set. We sat on it for a while and then did it. We bought it! I love it. It is fantastic. So that will be my Christmas for some years to come I'm sure. Then we went to lunch before picking it up. Once we squeezed it all in the trailer (we were only expecting to pickup bedroom furniture so we took the small trailer) we had the rest of the time to do what we wanted. We stayed in Grapevine most of the time and did some shopping but it was BUSY!! I had gone on Hotwire.com for the first time to book our room. If you know me well, you know I am a complete germ-aphobe when it comes to hotels. I have been known to make reservations and pull up only to keep on driving because I wouldn't feel safe putting my luggage on the floor. Anyways, I was a little nervous about what I had just done and it is totally non-refundable, but we pulled up and it was great. I was shocked. I paid $44 for this hotel and it was fantastic. The lord was watching over me for sure. So we slept in and went to breakfast and came home slowly. When we travel with kids, we try to get home fast to minimize the car time for them, so it was nice to take our time. Then we put the living room all together and I haven't left it since. With roaring fires and cold days, we have hung out and just played. But today I need to venture out to do some shopping for Preston. I have no idea what to do for him. He is hard. Wish me luck. ;)

0 comments: