Wednesday, December 3, 2008

For Pete's Sake!

So last night when I got home I was going throught the mail (it took a minute since it was over 2 weeks since I last checked it!) and while I was sorting through it Lauren and Will were looking at the tree. That's when Will took and ornament and threw it and it naturally broke. So then Lauren was helping Will sweep it up when she rested the broom on the wall, which somehow slid down and knocked my clock off the wall, which then flew into my precious nativity set. You can imagine the heap on my concrete floors and nothing could be salvaged. :( My nativity set now consists of baby Jesus, Joseph and some livestock! So I got over that eventually... and this morning I set off to go to school, 15 minutes late!, and got half way down the road and realized my car wasn't driving right and sounded a little deep. I turned around and came back home, only to realize my tire was so flat I was driving on the rim. Preston took it to Discount Tire and they said on that tire the valve stem was leaking which caused the flat, but my other tires only had 5 lbs and 10 lbs of pressure! Craziness! And tonight I think the baby might be getting sick. He was up all night coughing-to the point of throwing up. It's only gotten worse today. Bummer.

On another note, my first born is turning 9 tomorrow! Unbelievable. More on him tomorrow.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Ok...at that point the ONLY appropriate thing to do would have been to crawl back into bed with a box of chocolates and a good book! Tell Jake Happy Birthday! Do you need Matt for Sucker Patrol at his party??

Chois said...

Hi Mandy, hope the rest of your week got better! Reading through your blog, it looks like your family is doing well--the kids are getting so big! I noticed on your sidebar that you have a link to "A Royal Allegiance"...do you know the Larsens or did you come across that blog randomly? Lauren and Life actually came to visit me yesterday. It's a small blogging world!