Sunday, December 14, 2008

I'm typing this post with my poor, sick baby in my arms. Why is it that they get sick over the weekend when you can't take them to the dr? I hate being in a dilemma about what to do when one of my children are sick. Am I the only one? Do I take them to school and see if they can make it, or take off during a really bad time at work? I know what my heart tells me to do, it just isn't always possible. Anyway I have a few more hours to pray for complete healing by morning.

On another note, this month has already been SUPER busy. Whether it's Christmas programs, work parties, meetings, I feel like there has been no time to really prepare for the birth of our Lord and Savior. I've tried to stay diligent in prayer in preparing my heart, but it's not just my heart that needs to be prepared. I have to make sure that our children really understand the meaning of this time of year. Too often they ask "how many more days until Santa comes?", instead of "how many more days until we celebrate the birth of Jesus?". It is so difficult to live in a society that doesn't necessarily reflect what I believe in. To some degree I blame them for commercializing such an important event in the lives of Christians. I'm just as guilty though. I can easily get sucked into this whirlpool as well. Such a struggle. I can say that I have an incredible ache to know Jesus better. I have been listening to my Christmas CD, the new Faith Hill one, and it talks to my soul. If you get a chance to listen to it you should.

On yet another note...I have been reading the book The Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas. MckMama talked about it on her blog, and it is really good. With some of our best friends going through a very shocking divorce, I am compelled to do whatever it takes to make my own marriage not only survive, but also incredibly successful.

If I can possibly ask for more prayers, could you please pray for Will, that he is just simply suffering from a cold and nothing more serious, and that no one else gets it. I really need to make it through this week at work. Things are a little stressful right now.

0 comments: