Friday, June 20, 2008

A Night with Old Friends

Last night we had some friends come over for dinner and has a blast. Erin, Brooke, Preston and I all went to high school together. Over the years we had somewhat lost touch, but have really enjoyed getting to know each other again, and their husbands. Erin and her husband, Matt, moved back from Odessa several months ago. It has been a lot of fun having Erin around again. Brooke and her husband Patrick live in Houston. They have come to town for several weeks this summer. They have a baby girl who will be turning one next month.

So dinner, needless to say, was entertaining with stories from the past. At one point my stomach hurt from laughing so hard. We have decided to start taking trips together. Our first venture as decided last night will be skiing. That should be fun! Preston and I will be with the instructors on the bunny slopes while everyone else is flying down the "blacks". That was a term I learned last night. We can't wait. Erin was the magnet my kids gravitated towards. They had so much fun taking pictures of each other. When everyone had left and I was looking through them all, I had over 100 pics which Will and Lauren had taken. Some were actually pretty good. You can tell the ones they took because for some reason they are fuzzy. Might have something to do with fingers covering the flash and lens.



Here's the gang!

Erin with the kids

Preston and Brooke

Brooke telling a story


The men (a.k.a Preston, Patrick, Matt)

Something was really funny here.

Erin teaching my kids all kinds of new tricks.

Erin showing off!

This picture was taken by Lauren, even with the haze I thought it was so cute!

1 comments:

Erin said...

I am pretty sure posting those pics wasn't necessary...but VERY FUNNY! Let the trip planning begin, we will have you on a black by the end of the week1