Saturday, June 14, 2008

It's Been a While...

We just drove in from Oklahoma this evening. We had a FANTASTIC time. It was even worth the 10 and 1/2 hours in the car today coming home. We left last Friday and went to Preston's brother, Brian's, house to visit his new family. He had a baby boy if you remember the first of May. He was absolutely precious. We woke up Saturday and left Dallas around noon and were off to Tulsa. It wasn't so bad going up there since we broke it up in two days. I was able to read the last two books in my Redemption series. (I would highly recommend them.) We were at my mother-in-laws house by around 4:30ish. It was fun catching up with everyone since we haven't seen most of them since our last reunion last year at the coast. The real vacation started though when we drove another two hours to Grand Lake. We had a lake house right on the water with it's own dock so we could dock our boat there. We split our time between this lake house and Preston's aunt's lake house. We spent the next four days just enjoying the water. We had no time lines and no agenda to go by, just do what we wanted. It was great. Here are some pics from the week. I am so bad with pictures that I didn't get near enough, and looking back through them they are of no one except the kids.

Here are the kids at the lake. I promise Lauren really is enjoying herself. I'm not really sure why I always get the side of them :(

The boys having "tube wars". We could never convince Lauren to get on.

Jacob wake boarding.


We went to a part of the lake called Dripping Springs and it had these cliffs you could jump off. Everyone did it---well except me and Will of course. You'll have to look close though, I can't figure them out on some of the pics. (Maybe click on it and it will make it larger).


Here's Will sporting his brother's sunglasses.

The last day there back at Preston's mom's house it rained in the afternoon and while the big boys threw the football, Will decided to do other things with the ball ;) As you can see he was obviously the classiest child on the block running around barefoot with nothing on but a diaper and dirty t-shirt.


It was so much fun watching Will "discover" these puddles. I guess I've never let him play in the rain puddles before. I had to video it. If you listen carefully you can hear the pitter patter of his little feet. Hope you enjoy the short clip.




And that pretty much sums it all up. We now must get back into our normal routines.We had a great time and can't wait to do it again next year. Thanks everyone.

On a side note, tomorrow is Father's Day. I am very lucky to be the wife of the most fantastic father of all times. I am the daughter of a wonderful man who has taught me so much. I also have the privilege of having a most terrific man as my step-father. I AM BLESSED! Happy Father's Day to all of you dad's out there.



1 comments:

Erin said...

Yeah...you are back in town! I am glad to hear you had such a wonderful time, you definitly deserved a vacation! We need to plan lunch or dinner this week!