Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Speaking of Thanksgiving...

I just posted before about how crazy it is that it is already November. I like looking back at what we were doing this time last year. One of the main reasons I blog is because it's like a virtual scrapbook. Anyhow, I looked at November and saw where I (attempted to) posted each day about something that I am thankful for. There are so many blessings that have been bestowed upon my family. The least I could do is identify something each day. So, even though it is the fourth of the month, I'm going to start right now. And I'll list 4 things to make up for each day of the month I missed.

1. I am so very thankful for our neighborhood. Just coming off the heels of our block party, we are surrounded by so many wonderful people. Almost all have children around the same age as our kids and like things in common. It allows us to raise our kids in an environment that is safe and gives them some other freedoms they might not have in a conventional in-town neighborhood. For that I am very grateful.

2. Monday came time for me to say good-bye to Preston again, for another week long trip to San Antonio. It just killed me to have to say good-bye to him. I just cried and cried. No matter how difficult it is for me to say good-bye, I don't ever want that to overshadow the incredible blessing that God has given us. He has allowed my husband to pursue a career he's dreamt of his entire life growing up. He is living out his dream of owning his own company. I am so thankful for this. My husband is a different man that he was when he was working for an employer. The work ethic and morals he has wouldn't allow him to be happy with some of the past jobs he's had. Now it is his turn to use his talents to bring honor and glory to God, and I know he does this every single day!

3. Little arms=big hugs. I am so very thankful for 6 little arms. (some littler than others) I love it when my babies run up and put their little arms around me and hug me so tight. It's the best feeling. Even if no words were spoken, I would know just how much they love me, (and I them) just by that one act.

4. My friends. Today, I am so thankful for my friends. They (you) are my supporters and confidants. You lift me up when I'm down, and lasso me in when I need to be reminded of where I come from. On days like today, when work has hit a peek of stressness (is that even a word?), it's my friends who pulled me through and made it all okay. I don't even want to think of where I would be without each of these special relationships. I can only hope and pray that I can be a friend to everyone I encounter and form lasting relationships that are meaningful.

0 comments: