Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Nothing Into Something

So we hardly do anything for Halloween in our house. I've decided it's a total waste of money to buy costumes and such. (except for the endless bags of candy I bought!) So we had really decided we weren't going to do anything this year. Then at the last minute Preston accepted an invitation to take the kids on a hayride through one of the neighborhoods on town and trick-or-treat Friday evening. I quick thought and had the kids wear their dirt bike jerseys and go as riders. Clever I know. We wound up with so much candy I filled three bowls! And it was the good stuff too. No Child's Play mix in any bags. ha!ha! Then our street did have a little block party at our neighbor's barn and did a little trunk-or-treating. I ended up being great fun, and the best part was I didn't have to buy any candy because I just took the stuff we got the night before. Some people had little games to play and I think the kids had a good time. You can see it in their faces in the pics below.










Preston has been working out of town. This is his second week to be gone. It is so hard to do this stuff on my own. I don't know how military spouses and single parents do it. I'm exhausted. He only has two more weeks and the job will be over. I can't wait. We are incredibly grateful for the business and jobs that he has, but it is tough to take when we are apart for so long. Please pray he makes it home safely and is safe at work. He works at night and is supposed to sleep during the day, but he cannot get his schedule down. He is up all day too. It's tough enough but working electricity is very dangerous.
November has snuck up on us and now it's time to think Thanksgiving and Christmas. My favorite holidays. I think we are doing Thanksgiving a bit different this year so that is going to be a change, but it's a good thing. And I heard today there is something like 40 shopping days left til Christmas. How can that be?????

0 comments: