Monday, July 14, 2008

Catching Up!

Last week was a hard week. I guess I was still totally exhausted from our vacation, we didn't do a thing. Literally. It is time to get back into the swing of things starting today!


On Friday, I finally took the plunge and bought Will a toddler bed. He has gotten very hard to put to sleep at night and when he does go to sleep, on me or Preston, we cannot lay him down without him waking up and it starts all over again. (I know some of you are saying to your self to do the Super Nanny stuff, but I just can't.) So I figured if I could get him a bed where I could lay beside him then once he falls asleep I could be the one moving not him. Trust me, if I could climb in that crib and do it I would. I am not ready to move him out of his crib. (Mom, I know you are cringing at the thought) I actually used to do it with Jacob, but I was 20 then and a lot more flexible :). Anyway, I went and got him a toddler bed and the whole time the two big kids and I were really talking it up to Will and every time I would ask him, "Do you want a big boy bed?", he would say "NO!". Well we got it home and put it together and believe it or not he actually likes it. He runs in and tells me "I jumpin' on my bed!" I should probably discourage that but if it gets him in there then so be it! So the report is he has slept in there since Friday night, waking up around 3 each night and getting in our bed. So last night the two times he woke up I laid with him in his bed and it worked. He stayed all night in his bed and woke up at 8:30. Yea!!! Here are some pics of him showing off his new "big boy bed".


Now he decided to get shy.
He moved on to the horse.

Saturday the kids had a birthday party at the bowling alley. They really enjoy bowling and we hardly ever go because it is so smokey in there. It wasn't on Saturday though and we enjoyed ourselves. Jacob is actually a really good bowler. He didn't use the bumpers and he almost broke a hundred! He is definitely better than I am. Lauren had fun too. She really wanted to try it without the bumpers too, but the way her ball bounced from side to side I had to convince her otherwise. I got some good pictures of the big kids. I didn't take Will for obvious reasons and it allowed me to focus my attention on them. That was nice.

Lauren getting ready.
Jacob too.
They went at the same time!
She loves the camera.
You should have seen the first take of this picture. I MADE him smile. Can you tell?

Sunday we took the kids and our nephew to the lake. Jacob had a wake boarding tournament this weekend and hasn't practiced much at all. The lake was very busy and was very difficult to pull him when boats were right behind us no matter where we went. They had fun though. We finally pulled out the tube and let them have fun with that. It is better when the water is rough. We discovered that Lauren does not like OUR tube, not sure why that is. She would scream every time she went on it. Last weekend she had a blast on our friends' boat and tube. The boys couldn't go fast enough!

Jacob and his cousin.
Jacob showing off.

Well, that about it. I am now newly committed to doing my chores everyday. The kids and I have already cleaned both porches, cleaned out the garage (completely) and dusted the entire house. And, Will is taking a nap for the first time in his new bed and fell asleep all by himself, I didn't have to lay with him. He is so big :(.

0 comments: